[TowerTalk] radials

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] radials
From: "arholub" <arholub@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 19:52:14 -0000
Possibly you could help with an ongoing discussion about radials.

I have a roof mounted Hustler 6BTV.

One friend, as well as Hustler, recommends that radials should be cut for the
individual frequencies.

Another friend recommends that only radials cut for the lowest frequency are
needed.

My antenna loads (vswr 1.6) on 30 meters ever though no radial is cut for that
frequency but two are cut for 40 meters.  Incidentally, my roof mounting only
allows me to mount radials over 180 degrees since the antenna is on one corner
of the house.  I have two radials each cut for 10/15/20/40 meters.  Would
either of the two recommendations be better or worse for radiation angle, etc?

Thanks
Doc
WA6OGO

Visit our web site, www.arholub.com, to get the latest news, computer class
information and Orange Coast College marine course information.