Re: [TowerTalk] wires in trees

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] wires in trees
From: "Tim Makins, EI8IC" <contesting@eircom.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:12:01 +0100
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: 12 September 2003 13:28
Subject: [TowerTalk] wires in trees

> Tim wrote:
> >I think that the kindest way (to the tree) to fasten an antenna support
is
> >not to wrap rope or wire around it, but instead to use a 4" or 6"
coachbolt
> >screwed into the trunk, at 90 degrees to the direction of pull.

> Undoubtedly true, Tim, but very hard to implement at height.

I'm not sure why it is hard to implement. All you do is climb the tree,
taking with you the bolt, and a couple of spares in case you drop one. Also
a hammer to bang it into the tree 1/2" to start it off, and a rachet socket
driver with the correct sized socket on it. If you want to make life easier
for yourself, a small can of oil helps the bolt screw in.

73s Tim EI8IC