[TowerTalk] Fw: Question on 80M 4-square amongst trees

To: "towertalk reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fw: Question on 80M 4-square amongst trees
From: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:57:24 -0400
From: RICHARD BOYD
To: towertalk reflector
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 12:55 PM
Subject: Question on 80M 4-square amongst trees

Any opinions or actual experience on the performance of an 80M four-square in
trees?

Last year I hung a single 80M vertical, 1/4 wavelength, elevated feedpoint,
from a 90' (estimated) white oak tree and it
worked very well.  I have now cleared an area on the other side of the tree and
could pretty easily add a vertical on
that side that would be/could be identical to the first one, and with a little
effort I could probably make it four verticals
with the correct spacing, all four supported by the same tree, with the tree in
the middle.

How do you think this will do compared to a four-square made of aluminum tubing
(or channel, which I have some of) out
in the middle of a field?

73 - Rich, KE3Q