Fw: [TowerTalk] Refurbishing Tower Sections

To: "towertalk reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [TowerTalk] Refurbishing Tower Sections
From: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:58:57 -0400
From: RICHARD BOYD
To: towertalk@contesting.com ; Mike Gilmer - N2MG
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 3:20 PM
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Refurbishing Tower Sections

Some years back, N3ORY and I did this on some Rohn 25 and maybe some 45 and
other stuff too.  A place in Baltimore ("Southern Galvanizing" I think it was)
had a $100 or so minimum, which covered the first X pounds (may have been a
hundred or two) -- anyway, it all worked out to about $8 per section of Rohn
25, but I understand prices have gone up.  In fact, someone apparently rubbed
that shop the wrong way, hassled them, (it wasn't us but someone later) and at
one point they were refusing any more ham radio customers, after raising the
price first -- but it seems like I heard that if you didn't mention ham radio
they would still take towers in, at the higher price.  Another place south of
here, Richmond, Virginia maybe, is apparently a good alternative, may have been
a little lower price than the new price in Baltimore, did a good job on even
small stuff like nuts and bolts.
73 - Rich, KE3Q