Re: [TowerTalk] Question on 80M 4-square amongst trees

To: "Geoff" <geoffrey@jeremy.mv.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Question on 80M 4-square amongst trees
From: "Robert Shohet" <kq2m@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 20:54:07 -0400
Hi Geoff,

> A 4 to 6 wire cage 12" in diameter will cover the full band with low VSWR.
> I believe you operated a station with a 2 el 75-80M setup that way many
> years ago.

Unfortunately I never operated a station with an antenna like that nor have
I ever operated at a station with a real 80M beam.

I have operated at two stations with 2 L wire beams on 80, one of
which was instant switching with reversible directions and later with
multiple phase angle switching added.  That was real interesting!

The wire cage concept sounds interesting, but that will never be
a possibility at my qth.

73
Bob KQ2M