[TowerTalk] KLM 5el 20m monobander - High SWR

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] KLM 5el 20m monobander - High SWR
From: paule@sfu.ca
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:36:01 -0700
A friend of mine has a pair of KLM 5el 20meter monobanders which
are resonant around 14,300 with an SWR over 2 to 1 in the CW portion
of the band. I was told that the beams were assembled according to
the provided dimensions, and both beams react the same. The beams
were initially tried with the homebrew balun from the literature,
but even when those were replaced with the KLM commercial baluns
the problem persisted/persists.

Has anyone else encountered this? Would appreciate any suggestions.

Since the beams are already installed on an 110ft tower, I would like
to find the simplist method of fixing this without (hopefully) having
to take them down completely.

Thanks in advance.

cheers, Paul - VA7NT ex VE7CQK - email: paule@sfu.ca
"Those who hear not the music. . . think the dancers mad."