Re: [TowerTalk] Re: 40m beam with wires dangling down

To: corneliuspaul@gmx.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: 40m beam with wires dangling down
From: david jordan <wa3gin@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 14:32:29 -0500
yes, the wind effect is dampened considerably with the attachment of 2oz fishing weights to the end of each wire.

Have Fun,
dave
wa3gin

corneliuspaul@gmx.net wrote:

Its pretty close to what W9XR once described in CQ-Contest magazine as the "spaghetti beam"

I had a 3ele of that sort up for a few years, made of 14m fiberglas elements,
(7m either side) with approx 3.5m wire dangling down either side.
Worked very well, only in windy situation the dangling wires start swinging
and so does the SWR and (I presume) the pattern.