Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning, surge protection

To: K4FJ@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning, surge protection
From: Phil - KB9CRY <kb9cry@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 17:25:02 -0600
The following two companies make the best units. Check out the technical literature on their websites for the complete skinny on what to do. I never disconnect and never have had a problem; even with nearby hits that blew the top off of the neighbor's trees and tripped the 30 amp fuse to the electrical service in the barn (antennas were closer). Phil KB9CRY

http://www.polyphaser.com/

http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/ice/index.html

K4FJ@aol.com wrote:

I am looking for a good authoritative source on surge protection. I found my 2000 Handbook to be a great disappointment. My QST and CQ are boxed following a move but I can get to them if there is something there. I do have an older Polyphaser book (2nd edition, I think) that I hope to find soon. Am I on the right track?

73, Steve