[TowerTalk] cable damage

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] cable damage
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 22:40:25 -0000
Porcupines can be a real pain.  One of the local cable company engineers
told me that he had to throw pieces of hardline at the base of poles
through the woods from his head end site to keep them from climbing them
to eat the cable.  I haven't seen them climb the 2x4 and 4x4 posts I use
or any of the towers, maybe the finished wood and steel are too slippery
for them to be bothered.  They have literally gnawed holes in the t-111
siding on my garage and ate the brake lines off an old jeep I used for
plowing.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net