[TowerTalk] Trees as antenna support

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Trees as antenna support
From: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 <faunt@panix.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:25:39 -0500 (EST)
Hi all,

Does anyone know of good references on attaching vertical supports to
trees for extending them higher for longer verticals?

I use a tree in my front yard for one end of a dipole support, using a
screw eye with lots of space for tree growth, but would like to get a
little more height (like 15') for an inverted-L.

BTW, this tree, a coastal redwood, was a Christmas tree in a bucket in
the living room for our first Christmas in this house in 1991.  Some
friends and I planted it in the front yard between Grateful Dead shows
that year.  It's now about 50' to the very top, the dipole is at about
40', and probably could be moved up 5' if I cared to.

73, doug