RE: [TowerTalk] Non-metallic towers and guy wires

To: "Kurt Andress" <k7nv@contesting.com>,"Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Non-metallic towers and guy wires
From: "Richard Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:46:11 -0800
It seems to me the light weight of these
towers is only useful if the antenna and
rotor can be raised on a Hazer 7 type elevator,
(preferrably with fibreglas tracks).
Otherwise, you have to climb up and install the
antenna after the tower is erected, which
sort of defeats the purpose of the tilt up
tower.  Considering the cost of aluminum towers,
these look very well priced to me.  Thanks
for posting this info.

Rick N6RK