Re: [TowerTalk] Autek VA1 Owners/Users ?

To: Mike Rhodes <weightdn@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Autek VA1 Owners/Users ?
From: "Jim White, K4OJ" <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:12:26 -0500
....I have it and an MFJ259, they both help you make sure an antenna works before you commit, etc...

The Autek is nice to bring up the tower but the tuning pot on it is so SO sensitive... I find I don't use mine - anyone wanna buy it?

OJ

Mike Rhodes wrote:
Just  wondering how you like the VA1 and if you have compared it to anything
else? Read the mixed reviews on e-ham and get the impression that it is a
very nice unit - when it works - which may not be too long, that the
constructon and quality control is somewhat shakey, and that the warranty
may not be worth the paper it is written on. Geesh, why am I still looking
at this thing? Guess it is because there doesn't seem to be much middle
ground in the e-ham reviews. Seems like things are either the greatest thing
since (insert your favorite here) or the biggest piece of crap imaginable.
So how about some real world opinions.

Tnx & 73 de
Mike / W8DN