Re: [TowerTalk] Guy Wire distance

To: <ccrum@dot11net.com>, "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>,"Lee Buller" <k0wa@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guy Wire distance
From: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 17:10:43 -0500
  From: Lee Buller
  To: ccrum@dot11net.com ; TowerTalk
  Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 5:11 PM

  I think that you will get a response from many....do what the manufacture
recommends in the specs of the tower.

  Usually, my rule of thumb is that the guys have to be out from the tower at
60% of its height.  Now, the lower guys you might want to change that because
there will be a lot of cable hanging on the lower guys.  You can push those in
and make a 45 degree guy point.  In other words, guy the bottom two at 100% of
the height at the guy point on the tower and make the top two at 60% of the
height of the guy point on the tower.

  Now, there are a lot more experienced people on the list than me....so listen
to them as well.

  Lee - K0WA

  rum <ccrum@dot11net.com> wrote:
  I'm new to the list so this may have been asked before, but I'm thinking
  about putting up a 150 ft tower in the near future. Does anyone know how
  to calculate the distance away from the tower and number of guys (in
  elevation) required for such a structure. Sorry, this is my first tower
  so this is all new to me.

  Regards,

  Cameron