[TowerTalk] RE: F12 Customer Service

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: F12 Customer Service
From: "Merle Bone" <merlebone@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:25:43 -0600
"  the force 12 is overpriced, and,
as i said, their customer service is a JOKE.  I waited THREE MONTHS for
them to return an email when the rivets F12 installed in the antenna
failed.  The university paid quite a bit to buy replacement parts, since
the reflector tumbled 50 feet to it's demise.  to add insult to injury,
the owner of the company told me at dayton (without realizing i was the
customer whose antenna fell apart) that it was my not putting it
together correctly that caused it to fall apart.  "

I think some of the "early experiences" that people have reported with F12
Customer Service have increased their focus on technical support for
customers. I  requested tech support several times while building and
planning the installation of my F12 C3SS. I got great support via E-Mail.

I've been quite impressed with the performance of the antenna. I modeled the
antenna, using ENZEC, and found the model predictions to be very close to
the specs. I have tested the C3SS against other antennas I have, which I
have also modeled, and find it's performance to meet my expectations. It has
only been up 6 months, so durability data will have to wait till later, but
I felt it was very robustly constructed.

Merle Bone
W0EWM