Fw: [TowerTalk] Tram

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Fw: [TowerTalk] Tram
From: Blake Bowers <bbowers@townsqr.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:09:22 -0600
I have forwarded this to the list, it has some
serious safety concerns.

I cannot stress how dangerous this is.  There are a
world of issues with this, and practices
like this have killed many in the tower industry,
such as the climbers killed in Arkansas last
year.

There are winches made for this task, as
well as the old Armstrong method.

OSHA does not allow this, as well
as being taught against by Comtrain
and other classes.

Please folks, be safe out there.

> Yeah, you have to have that second pulley at the bottom of the tower, so
> that by simply driving away from the tower, the rope movement is
translated
> into pulling the antenna up the tram by the first pulley at the TOP.
>

> > Not sure I follow..  You used a pickup truck to pull
> > a rope, which was used for pulling up antennas on
> > a tower?
> >

> > > Doesn't neccessarily take two people. I trammed up a 2 ele 40 to 85
feet