Re: [TowerTalk] Tram w/Truck

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>,"Mark Beckwith" <mark@concertart.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tram w/Truck
From: "Courtney Judd - K4WI" <k4wi@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:03:00 -0600
Mark and all; all of my yagis have been put up with a truck. I use a Toyota
4x4 in Low/Low range with automatic transmission. One man sits in the truck
with foot on the brake, one man watches, rope goes from rear bumper to
pulley at bottom of the tower and then up to the top to a gin pole and then
straight back down to balance point on the antenna on the ground. One man
above the antenna walks up the tower with it working it around the guy
cables. it's slow but stable. Biggest problem is finding the two extra men.
My 2 cents 73's Cort K4WI