RE: [TowerTalk] INSURANCE

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] INSURANCE
From: "Larry Burke WI5A" <burkelj@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:33:51 -0600
Steve wrote:

>>Do you have homeowner's insurance? That should cover it already. Towers
are covered under 'accessory structures' (I think that's the term) or under
personal property. Either way you're covered.

Not sure this is true in every state. When I asked my State Farm agent I was
told that I was covered for damage that my tower might cause, but the tower
and antennas themselves were not covered. I have a standard Texas HO
insurance policy with a few special riders (none related to towers or radio
equipment, though). I didn't have an actual claim at the time I asked....
Was just trying to get an understanding of what the policy covered. It's
quite possible my agent never had to deal with this before and, if pushed
the answer might be different. If there's anyone else with a different
experience in Texas I'd like to hear about it.

Larry Wi5A