Re: [TowerTalk] INSURANCE

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] INSURANCE
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 18:49:27 EST
Ever since Andrew hit Florida in the early 90's homeowners' insurance has
been changed in the state.

In many counties, special hurricane insurance must be purchased to cover
damage to dwellings and attached buildings.  There are various percentage
deductibles ranging from 2 per cent to 5 or 10 per cent of the dwelling and
adjacent
structures.

The company I have (many of us do not have a choice as to what company we get
in certain parts of Florida) insures towers and antennas but only up to ten
per cent of the dwelling's value.  That means if a house is insured for $100000
the towers and antennas are covered only up to $10000, less the deductible if
it is from a hurricane or tropical storm.  Random wind storms are not
affected by the 2-10 per cent deductible...just the standard $500-$1000
deductible.

It could be worse.  Just three miles to the south of me in Pinellas County,
my insurance company does no insure ANY towers and antennas.  Phew, close call
with me sitting here with three 200 footers festooned with stacks.

Bill K4XS