Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Soldering PL-259s

To: "tongaloa" <tongaloa@alltel.net>,"Bud Hippisley, K2KIR" <k2kir@telenet.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Soldering PL-259s
From: "on4kj" <on4kj@skynet.be>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:21:08 +0100
Some old box advices.
Just keep in mind not to use to much heat, one will burn the solder.The
worst thing what can happen.
Never melt the solder on the heating tool whatsoever  to let it flow , just
heat untill solder melts on the stuff that must be soldered, then quicly
remove the heating tool.
A good joint must glance.
Gray joints or cold joints, will oxidise in no time, and escape fault
finding.
The best electrical joints are compressed joints, where ever possible.
Oh! one more thing to observe, always have a clean tool, flat or curved with
a adapted surface to  assure  good and quick heat transfer.
And now last but not least, avoid using acid liquid or powder without
cleaning with demineralized water, before starting to solder.
Guess these advices are still actual even in a SMD environnement, as long as
you can see it, and.... dont tremble to much.
Hope this can help some people.

Prefer a cold solder between 2003 and 2004 HNY every one.

Jos on4kj