RE: [TowerTalk] grounding

To: <towertalk@contesting.com.>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] grounding
From: "Wolf, James" <James.Wolf@itt.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:44:53 -0500
Phil, et al,

The ground window is the panel through which all coax cable and control
lines pass through with their respective protection device.  In my case
all Polyphaser devices and control line MOV's are mounted on the ground
window.
Yes this is also the single point ground for everything including the
house wiring ground, equipment ground, tower ground and so forth.
It is intended to be the "coldest" spot in the system.  I use silver
soldered 3/8 copper tubing to connect all ground rods together, and 2"
copper strap to connect the equipment in the shack to the SPG window.

What concerns me is the recent comments that suggest that my ground
system might actually provide a more attractive path to ground than the
pole ground and create a problem that I was not aware existed.

Jim, KR9U