[TowerTalk] HF/VHF coverage

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] HF/VHF coverage
From: WarrenWolff@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 20:02:48 EST
I will be building a home at Lake Havasu City AZ in the near future.

I have absolutely no experience above 10 meters; so I need, first, some
theoretical advice, then some from the locals.

Should I pick 6 meters or 2 meters for establishing a reliable link
from my 18' glass fishing boat (sometimes in shadowed coves)
back to my house which will be about 200 feet higher in elevation
and about 4 miles from the water's edge?

I assume that side mounting some antenna (which kind?) on my crankup will
work--to be used when tower is down at 20 feet or so.  The angle of coverage
from
the house will be around 150 degrees.

Regards,  Warren; W5KKW