Re: [TowerTalk] HF/VHF coverage

To: WarrenWolff@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HF/VHF coverage
From: John Silberman <blkcat28@atlantic.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 09:36:45 -0500
Warren,

If your house is 200' elevation and the antenna is on your tower will be up
another 20', with no obstructions to the water, you should be able to  hit a
simple ground plane from your HT.
Get one of your friends with another HT and try to talk to him at  the dock
from your house.  You should be on the roof if you safely get there.  That will
simulate the antenna being on the
tower.  If you can borrow a 5/8 or 1/4 wl antenna instead of your duck, it will
make the experiment more realistic.  If you make it reasonably well, when the
GP is on the tower and you are
in the boat with all that water around you, the coverage will be much better.

John - KB4CRT