RE: [TowerTalk] Re: Elevated Guy Anchors

To: "'Jack Berry'" <jlberry@direcway.com>,"'Dan Levin'" <djl@andlev.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Re: Elevated Guy Anchors
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 16:05:59 -0500
I'm not an expert in this, but one good reason is that it keeps the guys
above head level. This reduces the chances of someone running or driving
into a guy wire and getting hurt or damaging the guy. It probably reduces
the chances of vandalism marginally, too. Makes it much easier to mow around
the anchor points, of course. In northern climes, it keeps the guy wires out
of the snow.  Depending on the height of the beams, it reduces the length of
the guy wire needed and moves the anchor point a little close to the tower.
This can be important when the guy point is near a property line, road or
other obstruction.

Again, I'm not an engineer, but I would think I-beams are ideal for this
application and pipes are not!

73, Dick WC1M