Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Elevated Guy Anchors

To: "Dan Levin" <djl@andlev.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Elevated Guy Anchors
From: "Tower (K8RI)" <tower@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:01:50 -0500
Although his information and the information they used on mine differ at
several points.

I mentioned guy anchors shifting/tilting which is usually taken as bad, but
in reality (depending on the load) they may work just fine even if they look
strange.

Engineering came up with the mass of the guy anchors here to be considerably
less than the PE gave him.  I do have almost 2 1/2 yards of concrete holding
each guy anchor, which is well less than half the figures he was given and I
figure the load to be heavy.

I have used 4" pipe at 8 feet and never had it break at the ground. It was
connected to a tower using 1/4 inch wire rope which is heavy, but not as bad
as the EHS I have used.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com