Re: [TowerTalk] 40/80M wire antenna

To: K7LXC@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40/80M wire antenna
From: ValErwin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 19:51:59 EST
Hi Steve:

Traps have almost gone the way of dinosaurs.........if you want to buy em'
.... I don't think the W2DU/AU....Rondilla/Reyco Div. traps are as readily
available as they once were. You might try AES........What you need is trap
part
number KW-40, resonant about 7.150.

My personal preference?...............Coax traps. They are free for the
winding and everyone has a piece of PVC pipe in their garage to use as a coil
form!
  Suggest you take a look at the following QST article:

"Optimizing Coax Cable Traps" by Robert C. Sommer

This article appeared in December, 1984.

Or, you can find several programs that will design coax traps 4 U on some of
the ham Websites....

FWIW, I use coax traps wound out of RG-58U at legal limit with my Alpha
87A.........no problemo'

Hope to C U AGN at Dayton this year.........looking forward to the antenna
forum!

Val
W5PUT