Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 hinged bases

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 hinged bases
From: David Colburn <kd4e@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:07:34 -0500
Cqtestk4xs@aol.com wrote:

My thoughts are that one should think of the Rohn 25 as a foldover tower that Rohn used to make. I believe that the maximum amount of Rohn 25 tower above the hingepoint was about 40 or 50 feet.

Bill K4XS

Page FO-5, Sheet D-2525, of the March 1, 1989 Rohn Consumer Catalog
specifies 58 feet above the hinge as the max, and 10' below the hinge for a
total max of 68 feet for the Rohn 25 Fold-Over Tower.

Just discovered that I have a pair of pivot adapters that may allow me to
make mine a fold-over of sorts.

--
73, doc  kd4e
West Central Florida