[TowerTalk] Rohn HDBR48 and International Building Code

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn HDBR48 and International Building Code
From: "Jerry" <jfk@cablenet-va.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:06:17 -0500
Greetings -
     I have a Rohn HDBX48 tower that I wish to install. The City
Engineer has come across a set of numbers in the International Building
Codes for our area in Virginia for wind load(?) 90/40. Someone has told
me that they stand for 90 mph gust and 40 mph with .5 inch of ice. The
only wind load numbers I can seem to get on this tower is 70mph at 18 sq
ft antenna. Can anyone help me with the conversion of these numbers.
Without an answer to this question, I won't be able to get a permit.

Best regards,

Jerry K.

jfk@cablenet-va.com - Please respond to this e-mail.