RE: [TowerTalk] Roof Tower

To: "'Gene, sawman2'" <sawman2@optonline.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Roof Tower
From: "Carl007" <Carl007@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:56:46 -0500
You did not say if you are going to guy the tower to the building
walls...

If not, you are going to need a very large roof area for the
non-penetrating base -plus hundreds of pounds of sand bags and cinder
blocks.  You also need to check the maximum loading per square foot for
the roof too.

To be more practical, I would consider a shorter, 10 feet tower or
tripod, with only half the wind loading.

Carl, NW8Z