RE: [TowerTalk] Auto antenna tuner

To: "'George Skoubis'" <george.skoubis@verizon.net>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Auto antenna tuner
From: "Noel" <y.yaesurigs@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:59:30 -0500
Thanks for the link George.  The TenTec 253 seems to best summarize the
features I'd like to have in an auto tuner, but falls short because of
its lack of memories and at least for me, overkill in power and freq
range.  Still its close enough in features that I could probably be
happy with it.  Too bad they don't make em anymore. I'm not one for used
gear, but will keep my eyes out for one of these or it's non motorized
cousin.  Some comments on the TenTec 253's features.

RF Power rating is 2 KW maximum. (Overkill for me.  I'd settle for 500
to 1000)
Circuit Type Reversible "L" Network (Works for me!)
Four different Ant connections on the back, also bypass.  (Big plus)
Rotor Inductor and relay switched fixed Caps. (Also satisfactory)
Can be used automatically or manual (Another Plus)
Can tune up to a 10 to 1 SWR. (Good enough)
Rca conector for 12 volts at 3 amps for meter and tuning. (Nice to have)

One of the coax positions on the back is for balanced feed line.
(Another plus)
It will remember the last Ant position you used. (Muli-memmories would
be better but you can't have everything right?)
The frequency it will cover is continues from 1.8  (Would be nice to go
up to 54MHz)
to 30 mhz.
Lighted watt meter from 0 to 200 watts or 0 to 2000 watts. (Also
overkill on the high end)

Thanks again.
Noel