Re: [TowerTalk] 500' #14 solid THHN, $15 @ Lowe's

To: <K6LL@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 500' #14 solid THHN, $15 @ Lowe's
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 13:57:07 -0700 (PDT)
At Home Depot, I've never seen it priced this high.  It has
been as low as $12 and change.  So what you quoted is an
acceptable price, but no big bargain, despite any so called
discounts.  A local chain here called Yardbirds has undercut
even Home Depot by selling it in 2500 foot rolls, which HD
doesn't carry.

It is also interesting to note that if you buy 14 gauge Romex
and disassemble it, you can get often get the same wire even
cheaper (if your time is worth nothing).

And, curiously, bare wire is much more expensive than either
of the above.

Rick N6RK