[TowerTalk] BPL article

To: "Towertalk@Contesting. Com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] BPL article
From: "WD4K" <WD4K2@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:04:11 -0500
This guy is the clone of the old fart (K4FBD) who lived across the street
from me during my zoning variance fight. I hired attorneys, did all of the
paperwork, presentations etc. BUT, This old guy came to the hearing and in
front of the entire auditorium, stated that he had been a ham for 100 years
or so and that he used to talk to Admiral Byrd at the South Pole on a wire
in his attic and that real hams didn't need towers and certainly I did not
need a tower. Needless to say the braindeads at the commission, while
looking at the Dept of Defense, Office of Emerg Mgmt., Red Cross etc.
documents in support of Ham Radio,hung their hat on this nonsense and I was
denied my variance. These current self indulgent comments about his wisdom
of BPL will do a lot of harm to the fight against it..His two minutes of
fame comments will come back to haunt him in a lot of ways and deservedly
so.
73, Tommy WD4K