Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower VS aeroplane suit dropped....

To: "From: \"AA6DX\"" <aa6dx@pacbell.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
From: "Mel Martin" <ve2dc@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:25:37 -0400
You may be interested to know, the pilot in question was an active ham, well
known on the local 146.76 repeater.

He was also a very experienced pilot... hard to imagine what went amiss...
possibly defectiive avionics as he was on instruments at the time.

Mel, VE2DC

>I've been following this story.   My query is this;  What would happen if a
plane flew into your Amateur Radio
tower(s), who would be responsible for replacing your costly investment?  In
this situation, the pilot was killed, and the suit was against his estate.
Anybody know of a situation of that ilk?  73 -- Mark  AA6DX   Far Northern
California

Communications Tower Drops Lawsuit Against Quebec Widow