Re: [TowerTalk] Cable entrance

To: w7xu <w7xu@iw.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cable entrance
From: rk <robrk@nidhog.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 20:16:51 -0400
Go read up on bulkhead panels with rubber boots...Polyphaser, Andrews, Microflex...

w7xu wrote:
Any suggestions on routing Heliax through an outside wall?  I'm
putting up a building that will be the new home for my radio station
and will need to bring about 10 runs of Heliax (7/8" to 1-5/8") and
a few runs of regular coax through the wall.  In the past I've put a
few runs of Heliax through a section of large diameter PVC that passed
through the wall, but I'd like something better this time around.

If I run the cables through a metal bulkhead, how do I make the
installation waterproof?  (I've heard of "boots" made for weather-
proofing commercial installations but I've never seen them available
surplus).

Thanks & 73,

Arliss  W7XU