Re: [TowerTalk] Tower safety gear, Belts/Harnesses and death

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower safety gear, Belts/Harnesses and death
From: Tim Duffy K3LR <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 21:44:25 -0500
One of my top priority safety recommendations is to NEVER loan your
climbing/saftey belt to anyone.
I also do not borrow a belt from anyone. Buying used safety equipment is a bad
gamble as well.
Always climb with a safety belt AND a fall arrest harness.
Make sure you are hooked on to the safety wire on the tower or the tower
structure at all times (even while climbing).

I have first hand experience with tower safety came about when the 40 foot
tower I was working on
came down (in 1976) and my safety equipment saved my life (only 3 days in the
hospital and 37 stitches).

Your life depends on your safety equipment, so you must know it's history!
Don't try to save a buck!
If your safety gear fails and you are hurt (or die), the $ you save really
don't matter.

73!
Tim K3LR

http://www.k3lr.com