[TowerTalk] Rotator for TMM433EHD Crank-up Tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotator for TMM433EHD Crank-up Tower
From: LKBrownMD@cs.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:44:27 EDT

I'm hoping someone out there might have experience with this question and
could provide some help.  I am replacing the rotator in my U.S. Tower TMM433EHD
crank-up tower (specially ordered with capacity for 15 sq ft of antennas at 70
mph).  The previous rotator, a Yaesu G1000DXA, was trashed in a recent
windstorm.  I will have a 4 element M Squared 20 M. yagi, 2 element short-boom
homebrew 30 M yagi, and the shortened Force 12 40 M yagi:  totalling around
12.4 sq
ft.  I would like to use the Orion 2800P rotator, but I'm not sure if it will
fit in the tower.  Anyone with any experience in this?  Any suggestions for
another rotator, like the CATS RD-1800, Yaesu G2800DXA, or the Hy-Gain
tailtwister or HDR300, that would fit on the rotor shelf?  I'm pretty sure the
Alfa-spid and "Big Boy" rotators won't fit.

Thanks for any help!

Lee, KI7UR