[TowerTalk] have one of these?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] have one of these?
From: KH6DV@cs.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 00:41:00 EDT
I'M getting desperate, I cant seem to find a used 2 element short 40
anywhere. I know they are in demand and get snatched up quickly, many never get
mentioned in the ham ads because there is always a local buddy or club member
waiting to buy it. One of you guys must have one stashed away in the storage
shed or
garage, I'm not above begging at this point.  I'M tired of the uphill slog
with my dipole, I need a little more oomph on 40. From out here I wait till the
band to open realizing by the time it does most of you will have migrated to
80 meters an hour before. I'M left to collect nice signal reports from the last
two guys left on the band while 80 wont open for several hours. I am willing
(happily) to rebuild one, replace missing parts, promise I will give it a good
home or whatever it takes within reason. Take a look at that pile of aluminum
in the garage and ask yourself it you will ever really put it up, if not than
have pity on a poor KH6 and make a deal.

With Aloha
Ron KH6DV (KH6VV)