Re: [TowerTalk] Do you tell them?

To: Alan AB2OS <ab2os@att.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Do you tell them?
From: "Barry " <w2up@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:23:28 -0000
You tell your neghbor your plans:
Scenario 1 - He really doesn't care one way or the other.  If so,
there was no need to tell him before-hand in the first place.
Scenario 2 - You tell him and he says he'd rather you not put up a
tower, concerns about TVI, property values, etc.  You still are going
to do it, right? So now he's even more angry, since you knew his
objections up front, and did it anyway.
Scenario 2a - You tell him and he gets so incensed he starts telling
other neighbors, getting a petition going, etc.  You do it anyway,
and now you have even more people angry at you.
It's a lose-lose situation. Just do it!

Did he ask you when he put up his fence or planted a bunch of trees
on the property line?  Did he ask you when he left his boat in the
driveway all winter? etc. etc.

GL,
Barry W2UP