Re: [TowerTalk] Actual LP Performance vs Tribanders

To: "Larry Phipps" <larry@telepostinc.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Actual LP Performance vs Tribanders
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:40:19 -0700
I see that our posts crossed in the mail, as it were. I was at FD for the
last couple days so I was working of the 200 or so emails.

the 20 minute averaging interval could be done with the beacons, it would
just take longer (and during that longer time, there's a higher chance that
propagation would change.

Here's some ideas... on 40m, you could use broadcast stations, of course.

Maybe you could use the max level recorded, rather than the average.  The
idea (poorly thought through, I grant you) is that propagation tends to be
either good enough or somewhat less than good (more ionization doesn't get
you more reflection). (although, more ionization would imply more lower
level ionization which would increase absorption.... )

Maybe  you could reference against signals from ionosondes?