RE: [TowerTalk] Re: Floating Ground Steel Building?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Re: Floating Ground Steel Building?
From: "Keith Dutson" <kjdutson@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 14:04:50 -0500
Concrete is a conductor.  Unfortunately, if a large current flows through,
as from a lightning strike, the moisture in the concrete will vaporize,
usually causing the concrete to crack, and sometimes explode.  This is not a
good thing!  I would sink as many grounds around the structure as possible
and tie them to the steel frame to minimize conductivity through the slab.

Keith