RE: [TowerTalk] Re: Floating Ground Steel Building?

To: <kd4e@verizon.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Re: Floating Ground Steel Building?
From: "Wilson Lui" <wilsonlui@atitec.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 17:07:38 -0700
What you needs to do is put in a couple ground rods around your house.
Since this is a new construction, you may consider running a counterpoise
around the structure, hook up a few ground rods on this counterpoise. Bond
the foundation rebar to the counterpoise. Make sure all the metal panels of
the structure are electrically bonded together and bonded to the
counterpoise.

Then

Put in a proper lighting protection system of Air terminals and down
conductors. Also bonded to the counterpoise.

Then if you puts up a tower and antenna cable grounding bulkhead (at the
entry point to the house, these should also be bonded to the counterpoise
too.

Wilson Lui
ATI Tectoniks

wilsonlui@atitec.com