[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 Tilt options

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 Tilt options
From: doc <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 22:37:10 -0400
If I want the tilt option why not the less costly "Rohn SBH25G Short Base Hinged" $116. vs the more costly "BPH25G Hinged Base Plate" $230.?
(I found pictures and prices: http://stores.ebay.com/The-Tower-Store)

Also, is the probability of twist and snap close to the base (rare)
vs several sections up (common) increased when the short tilting
adapters are used?  (They just look weaker.)

73, doc kd4e
(Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with The-Tower-Store.)

I was going to use the tilt base too, just because I did not know about the
25GSSB, The tilt base is made of pretty light stock, especially compared to
the SSB and think the price is about the same.

Good luck,
Mike / W8DN