RE: [TowerTalk] Ring-Rotors

To: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>, <Towertalk@contesting.com>,"Chuck Sudds" <chuck@dxham.net>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Ring-Rotors
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist (N6RK)" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 06:26:51 -0700
I just bought a used crank up tower that was set up
with a General TIC ring rotator at the top of the 3rd
section.  There was a beam there and another at the top.
The rotator has inserts that stick into the tubing
for the section it is mounted on and additionally
has clamps on the outside.  The vertical truss support
on the lower Yagi was replaced by dual vertical supports
a few feet apart (either side of the TIC ring boom clamp).
The top yagi needs to be on a high enough mast
so it doesn't interfere with the truss of the lower Yagi when the
tower is cranked down.  The only problem reported
was getting the rotators pointed in exactly the
same direction.  The TIC ring vendor provided good customer support.

Rick N6RK