[TowerTalk] Limitation on tower width. Was: Revocation of BuildingPermit

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Limitation on tower width. Was: Revocation of BuildingPermit?
From: Alan AB2OS <ab2os@att.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 07:43:15 -0400
No ideas on the primary question -- the legal one -- but I am surprised that the city limited the width of the tower to 18". The 60' AN Wireless tower (only a Light Duty model) I am planning to erect here is almost 3' across at the base, and I have not found anything else that, without guying, will support the modest load I expect it to carry in 80mph winds.

What tower are you using that is only 18" across, what will it carry, and for what wind speeds are you planning?

Alan AB2OS

On 07/16/04 09:41 pm Todd Coulter put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

<snip>

 The city has codes limiting the
height of the tower to 55 feet, and the width of the tower to 18 inches
across.