Re: [TowerTalk] antenna height vs hassle

To: "Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)" <nv8a@att.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antenna height vs hassle
From: "Alan C. Zack" <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 17:22:14 -0700
Check with contractors who put up cel phone towers. They are pretty savvy as to what you need to have done. They will know who to call to dig your hole and pour your concrete base and make your rebar cage. You may even be able to work out a good price or even get free scraps of coax from their other commercial jobs. Some of these free scraps may be 100 ft or more.

Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS) wrote:

That kind of thing is one reason I am planning to have a contractor or two bid for the job -- at least for all the excavation, rebar and concrete work: they should know the best way to do the job and may even be able to get the materials and the subcontractors for less than I could myself.

Alan NV8A

On 08/23/04 08:33 am Dan Bookwalter put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Wow.... after reading all this about the cost of
pumpers and backhoes etc... i have determined i need
to move.... when i had the hole for my tower base dug
which took the guy less than 20 mins it was $400.00...
when i checked on the price of a pumper truck it was
$900 just to show up , then there were additional
charges for the extra hose he was going to have to
use.

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
SEMPER PARATUS
http://gocoastguard.com