Re: [TowerTalk] callsign canal water...

To: "Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] callsign canal water...
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:16:29 -0500
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:44:04 -0000, Jim Jarvis wrote:

>How I sign my mail is a function of whatever computer I
>happen to be using.

I belong to nearly a dozen email lists, less than half of which are related to
ham
radio. My "default" signature lists my name and company affilliation. When I'm
on a
ham list, I usually sign with my name and call, but sometimes I forget.

What's the significance of the ham call?  In today's world of semi-boxtop
licenses
where folks with Extra tickets regularly ask questions indicating they don't
know
Ohm's law or the simple equations that define dB notation and power, what does
that call sign mean beyond an easy to remember identifier?

Jim Brown  K9YC (extra and First Phone since 1959)