RE: [TowerTalk] Installing new anchor bolts in existing foundation

To: rich@n7tr.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Installing new anchor bolts in existing foundation
From: "Bruce Osterberg" <bruceosterberg@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 06:25:25 -0500
Good Morning Rich:

Well to begin with you can go to Mcmaster Carr and buy the rod in two foot lengths in any hardness but grade 8 will give you 125,000 psi.

There is a company called Power-Fast that makes an excellent two part epoxy, (many more I am sure), they have a web site. But I will summerize what they have for 4000 PSI concrete .

This is 4,000 PSI COncrete.

1 Inch Rod Drill a 1-1/8 Hole at a Depth of 12 inches. This will give you Tension of 80,605 lbs with a shear of 53,135. You would also be able to apply about 250-300 FT-LBS of torgue to the bolts.

SEE page 17 of their on line Manual.

They will also explain what tension and Shear mean.

Good Luck!  73
Bruce N9BX

By the way the cost for the epoxy, applicator, etc, is around $67.00 Dollars.

N9BX 73 Bruce