RE: [TowerTalk] Coax Recommendation

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Coax Recommendation
From: "Keith Dutson" <kjdutson@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 16:34:31 -0500
>log of 80 by 150 feet

Man, that's a BIG log!  <just kidding>

IMO, the best bang for the buck is Times Microwave LMR400.  If you want to
spend more for better quality and lower loss, use RG213 or Belden 9913 flex
(not the air core stuff - too prone to humidity/moisture problems).

I think you are wise to avoid using 20 year old "new" coax.  The dielectric
material may be lossy after a long period of oxidation.

Keith NM5G