Fwd: [TowerTalk] Coax Recommendation

To: Tower <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Fwd: [TowerTalk] Coax Recommendation
From: Michael Urich <ka5cvh@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 06:17:34 -0500
On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 11:44:32 -0500, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

> You didn't say what frequencies or what power level.

Mike wrote

I agree with Jim.  You didn't mention how long the runs would be only
that the tower is 60 and the shack is just below it, so what, about
100' per run.  And you didn't mention what bands or power levels.

However, "ASSUMING" they are all HF, I'd go with with LMR 400 flex all
the way since the runs aren't all that long.  I have 100' of LMR 400
between my Comet CX-333 <144/222/440> and the FT-736 and I can hit our
clubs UHF repeater 10 miles away with just milli-watts.

http://www.ka5cvh.com/photos/albums/userpics/fixed_station/fixed_19.jpg

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

Character = How you treat people who can do nothing for you in return!