[TowerTalk] M2 Orion 2800PX

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] M2 Orion 2800PX
From: "Natan Huffman" <natan@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:25:08 -0400
Friends,

Recently had a M2 Orion 2800 PX rotor installed and am not happy with the
unit as I've been unable to maintain any semblance of repeatable accuracy.
The unit requires recalibration every few hours to be useable as the
discrepancy between actual azimuth heading and indicated heading is off by
30 degrees as an average.  The mast is NOT slipping at all.  The unit is
mounted in a tower 200 feet from the shack with cable temporarily on the
ground.  I've read that pulses may be dropped if the cable picks up signal,
but considering the position and type of cable used, I doubt this is the
source.  Voltages are per the schematic at the rotor.

Has anyone had a similar problem and solved the same?

Thanks,

Natan W6XR/2