Re: [TowerTalk] M2 Orion 2800PX

To: natan@twcny.rr.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] M2 Orion 2800PX
From: k2qmf@juno.com
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:05:11 -0400
Hi Natan,

I have a new M2 OR2800PX.  It works great!!
I have only calibrated it once and it is always right on!!
I am turning a 2 element 40 and a 4 element 20 on
the same 20 foot mast.

I always use mode 1 so that you get the ramp down
when the rotor comes to the heading you want..
Give M2 a call.  They are very helpful and I am sure
they will fix your problem.  There is a mod available
for next to last generation of rotors(which you may have).
It involves the ramp up and down speed setting.
If your unit is getting pulse errors when you start to rotate
this mod may fix you up.  You can do a temporary fix by
changing P5 in the program to 3 or 4 instead of 1.

Good Luck.   73,  Ted  K2QMF

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:25:08 -0400 "Natan Huffman" <natan@twcny.rr.com>
writes:
> Friends,
>
> Recently had a M2 Orion 2800 PX rotor installed and am not happy
> with the
> unit as I've been unable to maintain any semblance of repeatable
> accuracy.
> The unit requires recalibration every few hours to be useable as
> the
> discrepancy between actual azimuth heading and indicated heading is
> off by
> 30 degrees as an average.  The mast is NOT slipping at all.  The
> unit is
> mounted in a tower 200 feet from the shack with cable temporarily on
> the
> ground.  I've read that pulses may be dropped if the cable picks up
> signal,
> but considering the position and type of cable used, I doubt this is
> the
> source.  Voltages are per the schematic at the rotor.
>
> Has anyone had a similar problem and solved the same?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Natan W6XR/2

Get your name as your email address.